Pierce Terrace Elementary School
Location: Fort Jackson, SC | Owner: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers | Architect: FGM Architects, Inc.
This elementary school construction project was quite unique. 21st Century School learning concepts enhanced the design of this 74,000 SF replacement school. For example, the school promoted collaboration, problem-solving and innovation throughout the entire campus.
Our design/build team utilized Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) and precast walls with conventional steel for the interior diaphragm and a standing seam metal roof system.
Key features include classrooms grouped into learning neighborhoods and central gathering areas surrounded by learning studio. Additionally, the project included an information technology center, gymnasium, performance theatre, and commons area for dining and social networking. Finally, our team delivered learning impaired rooms, counseling areas, and administrative offices.
The outdoor learning areas feature: solar panel, wind turbine, student garden with a rain-catching barrel, and butterfly garden.
The elementary school required enhanced commissioning upon construction completion to validate energy performance and obtain LEED Silver certification.
- Richland County High SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
- VA Medical Center MarionFederal General Contracting Healthcare
- John L. McClellan VA Hospital OR Suite AdditionFederal General Contracting Government Healthcare
- Jefferson Barracks VA Engineering Warehouse & Campus Operations CenterFederal General Contracting Government Healthcare Industrial
- AFRC Consolidated Mission ComplexFederal General Contracting Government
- Pierce Terrace Elementary SchoolDesign-Build Education Federal PK-12 Education
- Wingate Elementary Elementary School – Belleville, ILConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education