Williamson County Jail & Sheriff Department
Location: Marion, IL | Owner: Williamson County | Architect: Durrant Group
Williamson County officials selected Poettker Construction Company for the construction of the 86,000 SF new jail facility and sheriff department located in Marion, Illinois. This project consisted of the construction of a two-story county jail and sheriff office with a corridor connecting the new facility to the existing jail vehicle sally port and courthouse.
Features of the facility include a public lobby, kitchen and delivery dock, medical, laundry, work release, individual cell pods, dormitory pods, sheriff offices, roll call room, locker rooms, exercise room and miscellaneous support spaces.
“Poettker Construction was instrumental in maintaining safe working conditions throughout the project, even during periods with as many as 75 union employees working at one time. Three individual safety inspections were performed on this project in which zero violations or fines were given.”
– Brent Gentry, Commissioner
- VA Medical Center MarionFederal General Contracting Healthcare
- John L. McClellan VA Hospital OR Suite AdditionFederal General Contracting Government Healthcare
- Jefferson Barracks VA Engineering Warehouse & Campus Operations CenterFederal General Contracting Government Healthcare Industrial
- Williamson County Jail & Sheriff DepartmentGeneral Contracting Government Municipal
- AFRC Consolidated Mission ComplexFederal General Contracting Government
- Pierce Terrace Elementary SchoolDesign-Build Education Federal PK-12 Education